Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A two car family...life with a Prius

So my talkative little cutie, Yes he's still a cutie even though he is having a few too many TWO moments at the moment, chimed in as we were heading out to run errands.  
Lincoln: "In the RAV?"
Mama Melly: "No, Babe. We're taking the Prius today, because we have to drive farther and it is better on gas than the RAV."  (Sorry no offense to any other RAV owners out there.  We LOVE ours, but you can't say no to 43 - 50 MPG...I mean come on.)
Lincoln: "By RAV.  No RAV.  Hi Pwius.  We're in da Pwius."
Mama Melly: "Yes, we are.  It's a hybrid, remember?  It uses gas and electricity to make it go.  Mommy likes to drive a hybrid, because hybrid's are a way to think about the future and hopefully help the planet."
Lincoln: "Mommy is a Car Guy."

This is a huge complement by the way.

Mama Melly: "Yes, I am.  Thank you."

The complete lesson on hybrid technology and alternative fuel will wait for another day when a longer attention span is available.  His and mine ;)  He probably already knows them inside and out though, since I was about 8 months pregnant when I was teaching a hybrid class to dealership personnel at my "nonMom" job.  I was pretty huge and all belly.  5'2" top to bottom and straight across the middle.  The attendees were a bit afraid to sit in the front row and as one of them so quaintly put it, "Are you sure he's not going to just drive right out of there?"  I was just grateful that the "Lincoln Tunnel" jokes were only happening among friends.  TMI.  Life on the road in the car biz has been a spectacular way to provide for my family, raise a boy who wants to know how everything works and feed my need for that as well.  I trust that in the present state of the auto industry affairs my post will continue to grow.  It may be rough for a bit, but I plan to get through it and keep learning and teaching about the importance of future technologies to ourselves, our planet and our kids.

Off the soap box and headed for bed.  Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Hun..Lovely Blog..Much Love, Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun..Your Son is adorable.. such a cutie..i will put more pictures up of some grt bridges we have especially for him in the next coming days..Much Love, Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. If there is anything you would like to hear about please let me know. Lincoln and I will explore it and post about it. Good times!