Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Road Mommy

I am back at work and traveling tons. We are really pulling together as a family to connect on the phone, on video chats and to set up as many visits as possible. I miss Lincoln & T so much, but Lincoln has asked to, "Stay home. No more hotel, Mommy. I want to stay home."

So that's what we're doing...for the most part. He is coming for shorter visits rather than the full work trips and getting much more time at home. He's also getting into his new routine of going to a Montessori school three days a week. It all seems to be a good fit for him for where he is in his life right now and I'm so proud of him for expressing his needs so clearly already. I do miss him terribly when I'm away, but it won't be forever and we all seem to be a more balanced family in spite of all of the challenges.

It truly takes a village!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how sometimes children are able to express what they truly want and need and adults can't. When do we lose that? Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. If there is anything you would like to hear about please let me know. Lincoln and I will explore it and post about it. Good times!