Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Multitasking Nurser

Most of you know that I have a tendency to be busy. Who am I kidding? I am the queen of multi tasking and part of how I've nursed Lincoln this long is by applying that skill to "nay nay time."

Yes, he's nursing right now.

So the women just said, "awww, how sweet," "what a mom" or "ouch!" And the guys probably cringed a bit, unless you are part of the enlightened few, usually not American, men who support extended nursing and get the benefits. Since you're reading this blog you probably are and yea for you.

Skills required for nursing while blogging:
- one handed typing, a must
- strong arm muscles to support a large munchkin (he is a lap full indeed, I mean his legs hang almost down to my ankles)
- the ability to think of what you want to say, remember what you want to say, then actually say what you want to say while singing bits of songs and answering random sleepy questions like, "Where's da kitty?"
- good balance in a swivel office chair

Yep, we've got it down, and thank goodness, or I would never get anything done ;)

3 comments:

  1. Kudos to You hun for being so creative in multitasking!

    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s just want to say breastfeeding is definitely very good and creates a strong immune system in children..Your such a Great Mother!

    (((hugs))) to You and Lincoln xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SO much for your support. Nursing my son has been one of the most fulfilling blessing in my life. Glad to share it with others so that they may be encouraged to do the same. It is finally growing in the US and I hope that it will continue to be seen as it is, normal, beautiful and as you've noted, very healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. If there is anything you would like to hear about please let me know. Lincoln and I will explore it and post about it. Good times!